GFI Consultancy Service
GFI offers a Consultancy service which, for over a decade, has focussed on work that covers the development of services for older people and people of all ages with disabilities and sensory impairments. Over the last decade we have worked with government and disability organisations, designing and piloting new products and apps, and carrying out research on disability issues and solutions.
We have hands on experience of the setting-up and registration of Charities and Social Enterprises, the development of Policies and Procedures, Feasibility Studies, Project Management, and the development of Community Equipment and Occupational Therapy Services.
As a social enterprise we may be able to offer some pro-bono help to small organisations.
Summary of current and completed consultancy project work:
- 2016 – 2017 Feasibility, set up and Charity Registration of Saltburn Valleys CIO (Charitable Incorporated Organisation)
- 2014-2015 - Partnership with Rescon Ltd on Government -funded One Precious Life Project for people with Long Term Conditions, developing new services and training life coaches www.rescontechnologies.com and http://onepreciouslife.com/
- 2012-2013 Consultant working with Assist UK and with Devices 4 Dignity, part of the National institute for Health Research, identifying unmet need
- 2011 - Successful Registration of new Charity for people with sensory impairments – www.coesi.org.uk
- 2009/10 - Feasibility Study and funding bid work for the registration of a new charity, the Centre of Excellence for Sensory Impairment, new Website, Consortium Terms of Reference and Charter
- 2010/2011 - completion of DH project on Equipment Information, working with Disabled Living Foundation, Rica, Assist UK and Foundation for Assistive Technology (FAST)
- 2010 – Partnership working with AnyBodyCan Ltd and development of GFI SMILE training programme
- 2010 - Updating Policies and procedures for Croydon Mencap
- 2009/10 - Updating Policies and Procedures for Extra Care Sheltered Housing in Croydon
- 2008/11 - DLF Project Manager for the Information Network for the Future project - editor and co-writer of AT Alliance Project Report published August 2010.
- 2009/10 - Co-writing a Funding bid with national charity Assist UK
- 2008/9 - Policies, procedures and staff training for a new Extra Care domiciliary care service
- 2008/9 - Self Directed Support (SDS) project manager for Croydon Council, developing the council systems, including putting together the initial staff handbook, policies and procedures and training staff, and working on the Community Engagement programme.
- 2009 - Company Registration of Going For Independence Community Interest Company ( Govt. Social Enterprise Investment Fund)
- 2008/ 11 - Business Planning, Policies and Procedures, support and development of a Social Enterprise: Going for Independence CIC – (www.goingforindependence.org ) Including brochures and leaflets
- 2008/9 - Health Act Flexibility Legal Agreements for Equipment and OT Services including Pooled Budgets – for Adults and Children
- 2008 - Research for Ricability on community equipment (www.ricability.org.uk)
- 2008 - Comprehensive Sheltered Housing Review for Croydon Council including Extra Care Housing
- 2008 - Independent Living and Accessible Website developments
- 2007 – set up of TinnisWood Ltd – Registration of Limited Company